Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Digital Music













The synthesizer was quite a ground-breaking instrument for the music industry.  From what we viewed in class I would say that it was first introduced into the world by a bunch of nerdy guys.  This definitely turned the typical musician image upside down, changing a great deal about the music world alone.

Looking at the image I posted of a synthesizer above, makes my head hurt thinking about how to use all of the buttons and keys.  This is also a much older system, a lot less sophisticated than the synthesizers we use today.  How people are able to operate and create amazing musical pieces with this equipment is beyond me.  I am nervous enough as is about using programs like GarageBand for my own video art project.

Music is the core of so much in this world.  Especially relating to art music changes and defines everything.  Video art would not be where it is today without music, especially digital music.  None of the popular music we hear today would be the same without, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment