Sunday, April 19, 2009

Performance Art


My Performance Art Piece is titled "Blind with Technology", fitting for the lyrics to the song playing to the video.  When thinking about my relationship with technology the first thing that came to mind were cell phones.  It is rare to walk around this campus or anywhere else for that matter without seeing people talking, texting, or looking at their phones.  It has become a complete human dependancy.  I have sat in my dorm room and texted my neighbors regularly and talked on the phone to my friend who lives right below me for hours.  Why do I do this through an inanimate object instead of seeing these people who I love and care about face to face?  Cell phones have taken away our human identity.  We no longer look each other in the eye, we look at a phone.  

With this concept in mind I thought, why not put my friends in a costume where they are literally walking, living cell phones?  Why not film this and the interesting reactions given by other unknowing people around them?  Well here's my video depicting just that.  Hope you enjoy!


Oh ya and we did get kicked out of the mall for doing this...what a world we live in these days.

7 comments:

  1. i loved your performance piece... it was really funny and so true... people are blinded by technology these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed yours a lot, it was creative and very humorous. It was true performance art , you got out of your comfort zone, walked around places were people would be looking and confused and it made a powerful statement. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a radical approach to the assignment! It was creative, funny, and innovative. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your video. I thought it was really creative. I also liked the theme of the video. I think you did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still watch this video from time to time....I loveeee ittt

    ReplyDelete
  6. so funny, this was awesome! very good creativity, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your performance art piece was awesome! it was really funny to watch and it sent a great message out. and it was neat to see people's reactions.

    ReplyDelete